Mission & Vision
To achieve continuity of care in the Inland Empire and other communities by allowing providers and patients trusted, timely and secure access to patient health information.
Overview of IEHIE
- The Inland Empire Health Information Exchange (IEHIE) covers San Bernardino, Riverside and other California Counties with a population exceeding 5 million.
- The IEHIE represents a large group of hospitals and medical centers, medical groups, IPAs and physician practices.
- The IEHIE operates as 501(c)3 under the Inland Empire EHR Resource Center.
- IEHIE Past present and future 3-12 v1
What is HIE?
Health Information Exchange (HIE) is defined as the mobilization of healthcare information electronically across organizations within a region, community or hospital system.
HIE provides the capability to electronically move clinical information among disparate health care information systems while maintaining the meaning of the information being exchanged.
The goal of HIE is to facilitate access to and retrieval of clinical data to provide safer, more timely, efficient, effective, equitable, patient-centered care.
IEHIE Leadership Group & Participants
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC)
- Community Hospital of San Bernardino
- Hi-Desert Medical Center
- Kaiser Hospital, Riverside & San Bernardino
- Loma Linda University MC
- Pacific Alliance Medical Center (PAMC)
- Parkview Community Hospital
- Redlands Community Hospital
- Riverside Community Hospital
- Riverside County Regional Medical Center (RCRMC)
- St. Bernardine Medical Center
- San Antonio Community Hospital
- San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital
- Southwest Healthcare
- Physicians for Healthy Hospitals (PHH)
Medical Groups, IPAs, Practices
- Arrowhead Orthopedics
- Beaver Medical Group
- Choice Medical Group
- Community Medical Group, Riverside
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Group
- Loma Linda Medical Group
- McKinley Medical Group
- Physicians Health Network
- PrimeCare IPA
- Orthopedic Medical Group of Riverside
- Raincross Medical Group
- Riverside Family Physians
- Riverside Medical Clinic
- Riverside Physicians Network
- Synermed Inc.
Additional IEHIE Participants
- Community Health Systems
- Inland Empire Health Plan
- Hospital Association of Southern CA
- Riverside County Medical Association
- Riverside County Community Health Agency
- San Bernardino County Dept. of Public Health
- San Bernardino County Medical Society
- Visiting Nurses Association of the Inland Counties (VNA-IC)
- Community Clinic Association of San Bernardino County
- San Joaquin County Health Information Exchange
Currently Participating in HIE